Important details first: We’re opening! In grand style, of course. By now your calendar should be marked (or your blackberry, or iPod, or google alarm, or whatever the kids are using these days) for this Saturday, October 30. If not, mark it now. We want to see your fabulous face at 569 Elmwood Ave between 11 a.m. and 8 p.m. for anatomy’s opening day. There will be all kinds of exciting goings on, including but not limited to:
- The anatomy brand: newborn and ready to be ogled, tried on, wrapped up, and taken out on the town
- Handmade candles and soaps that smell good enough to eat, but probably aren’t edible
- Jewelry and belts and scarves, oh my!
- Beautiful paintings by local artist Matthew Crane
- Live music by bluegrass band Erie Lackawanna Railroad
- Photographs by Katie Schneider
- A customer photo shoot for those amateur models among us
- A raffle to win one-of-a-kind anatomy garb
Now, get your tickets for Mass Appeal on November 5! Mass Appeal is the Elmwood Village Association’s version of New York City Fashion Week. The event is in its third year, and anatomy will be stomping the catwalk for the first time. General seating is $30, preferred seating in the VIP lounge is $125, and the doors open at 7 p.m. for an 8 p.m. show. Tickets can be purchased at Wegmans locations or online at www.elmwoodvillage.org.
That’s all for now!